Are Old-fashioned Fragrances Sold By Mail Order the Original Scents?

Does anyone know if the old-fashioned fragrances(like Tweed, Oh!deLondon, Tigress, etc...) sold by mail order places like Vermont Country Store and Beauty Boutique are originals or those terrible reformulations? I bought a little bottle of Ambush from Dollar General and it was awful! Not only wasn't it the original scent, it didn't even smell good. I was only out a dollar there but these others cost considerably more. All of these companies promise you can return your purchases but with the price of postage nowadays! Can anyone give me a head's up on this?

Joan from Chesapeake, VA

I bought a bottle of jade east cologne from Vermont country store for my husband. ( He used it years ago ) It smells just as I remember, although the price is a whole lot more than it was way back then. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them and have never been disappointed. Their return policy is no hassle and great.

You can rely on Vermont Country Store. The fragrances they offer, as well as all their other 'old time' products, foods and candies, are all the real things, made by the same manufacturers you remember. You won't regret it. And, if you're ever visiting in Vermont, don't miss a trip to one of their stores. We're in VT several times a year and try to get to the Weston Store every time. They are really an old country store filled with things you can't get anywhere else!

I got some 'Evening In Paris"perfume. It smelled terrible and was very expensive $50. for a little bottle. It smelled nothing like the original, which I used just love. This was from Vermont Country Store also.

I'm pretty sure the Tigress cologne offered by the Vermont Country Store is the blend offered in the 70's. The original, which I used in the 50's and 60's, smelled wonderful and was nothing like the 70's version which had a slightly more flowery smell. Perfumes act with body chemistry and the 70's version on me was not my cup of tea.

Not sure about either of those, but I got Ambush at Dollar General and it smelled really good. Exactly like the more expensive bottle I had.

Try longlostperfume.com -- They specialize in the original formulas.

I am looking for bathroom spray cans [little ones about 3 'high] that is called "BURST OF FRAGRANCE". I cannot find them.

I can't remember the spelling of this perfume. Just wonder if it still exists

Be careful about scents from the dollar store. Sometimes they are really copycat fragrances - with labels like "Our Ambush" or something like that. I do find that the little bottles are often the real thing (& sold in drugstores for a lot more). But when in doubt buy one & if it's good, go back for more; rule of thumb for lots of dollar store goodies.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautyNovember 28, 2007
Pile of Junk Mail
Disposing of Junk Mail
Mailbox overflowing with junk mail.
Reducing Junk Mail
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Getting Coupons in the Mail
Getting Coupons in the Mail
🎄
🍂