Organizing Craft Ideas

I am forever coming across ideas for different crafts I want to make. Many I will email to myself, but invariably I will delete it after a while for one reason or another. Or if I print it out, I'll lose it among all the other paperwork on my desk. So I came up with a way to keep them and organize them at the same time.

I print the article out, including directions, pictures, and anything else that will be useful when I go to make it. I slip the whole thing into a page protector and file it in a 2 inch binder. I have dividers in the binder to keep them all organized.

I started out organizing them by type of project as far as crochet, knit, plastic canvas, wood work, and other things. But I've changed it to sort it by what it is: "For the Living Room", "For the Bedroom", "For the Bath", "For the Pets", "For the Kitchen", "For Outside", etc. Now if I want to start a new project, all I have to do is flip through the album and decide what to make next! I call this my "To Make" album.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

I do it a similar way without the page protectors and sort by season and holiday.

I use the page protectors for 2 reasons. One because like the name says, they protect the pages. Over time, without them, the pages do tend to get kind of raggedy and will yellow. The other reason is because I can put all the pages from each project into one protector, therefore keeping it all together. To each his/her own though and whatever works best for each of us! LOL

Organizing Craft Ideas
Organizing Craft Ideas
Organizing CraftsFebruary 1, 2011
Votive Wrapped in Twine
Candle Craft Ideas
finished reindeer 1
Rudolph Craft Ideas
Photo of three red bricks.
Craft Ideas for Bricks
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
🎄