Pecan Dessert Pizza
- 1 pie crust, prepared
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 1 (6 oz.) bag pecans, chopped
- 2 cups pecan halves (for optional garnish)
- Unroll your pie crust into a 10 inch tart pan. Partially bake the crust at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes and let it cool.
- While the crust is baking, put the brown sugar, butter, honey, and whipping cream in a sauce pan. Warm it, on medium heat, until everything is melted, stirring as needed.
- When it is melted, turn the heat up and bring the mixture to a boil. When it's just bubbling, all around, turn it off.
- Place the chopped pecans over the cool crust. Pour the melted mixture over the pecans.
- Bake the pizza at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. When the pecan pizza has turned a golden brown, remove it from the oven.
- While it's still warm, use the 2 cups of pecan halves to make a rim around the outside to decorate your tart. Press the pecans just a bit so they stick to your pizza.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 26, 2016 at 9:25:13 AM on 10.0.2.168 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us