Finding Groups That Send Care Packages to Troops

I was wondering if you can get me some information on any groups that sends things to soldiers overseas. I have 4 guys that are under me and I am finding it out for them. Thank you.

SFC Gerry Wilson

SFC Gerry Wilson,

My husband is a life member of VVA -Vietnam Veterans of America. VVA is a service organization to our active duty service men and women, and veterans. Contact one of the local chapters in your area.

Thank you for your service!

I used to volunteer for Adoptaplatoon (when I had more time). They screen potential supporters, and link supporters to deployed troops. Supporters must agree not to share their soldier's/Marine's personal info with anyone (protecting privacy and safety). One can sign up to send weekly letters, or to send weekly letters and a monthly package. Or, there are ways to sign up for one-time support/campaigns.

There are plenty of other worthy organizations, but I have most experience with this one. Whatever group you use, just be sure to follow postal and country regulations. Best of luck!

You can also participate in "Coupons for Troops". I send a package of coupons to my contact (military family) overseas and they pick out the coupons they can use and then share them with other families that are a part of their unit. The coupons can even be expired (but not too much so). Prices at the PX are pretty high so saving any money is a big help. Do a search on "coupons for troops" here on Thriftyfun and you should get a couple hits. This is where I got started.

My husband's aunt runs a great organization called Supplies 4 GIs. You can contact them via the website. there is a button on the left "send a package to a GI."

facebook page:

I don't have anything to add as far as organizations that help support troops, but I just wanted to say bless you for looking out for those that serve under you. I hope that if my child is someday serving in the armed forces they have someone as compassionate as you looking out for them. Thank you for serving and God bless.

Hi, Gerry, first and foremost, thank you, Thank You, *thank you* to all of you for your service, bless you! Now, check out They donate not only books but also DVD's, music CDs, audiobooks, etc. to military folks and you can register on their site. I enter sweeps for all of the above everyday and send most of what I win to booksforsoldiers. A gal named Jo who lives in Hostetter, PA is a member & told me about it.

Care Packages for Troops
Sending Care Packages to Troops
Better Living CharityApril 9, 2010
Man Delivering a Fragile Package
Tips for Shipping Packages
Friendship Gift Package
Making a Friendship Gift Package
Clipping Coupons for Troops
Coupons for Troops
Sending Donations to Troops
Sending Donations to Troops