Fuel Oil Smell on Clothes

My son delivers oil. How do I get rid of the smell on his clothing? What do I use in the washing machine?

Thanks,
Claudette from Woonsocket, RI

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My son was using the tractor, he accidently spilled some fuel on his watch. What would take the smell out on the band part?

Editor's Note: Try hand cleaner from the auto parts store, rub it into the band and wipe off. It should help remove the smell.

I got furnace oil in my shoes, and it smells really bad. 4 days later its still really bad.

Any ideas ?

It's a walking shoe.

September 5, 2006 Flag

I need to know how to get the smell of fuel oil out of my husbands clothes.

Helen from PA

Answers:

Leave Them Outside

Leave in the yard exposed to the weather for a few days. If and when the smell exits, launder as usual.

Holly (03/04/2005)

By cookwie

Vinegar

Put vinegar in the rinse water when laundering. My husband was a trucker. Works like a charm. (03/04/2005)

By Shirley

Simple Green

I use about half a cup of simple green in the wash with ide and in the first rinse, vinegar then regukar fabric softner in the last rinse..works on desil fuel which is the pits (03/22/2005)

By indygirl

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundrySeptember 5, 2006
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:27:19 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.