Reasons for Not Using Coupons

Although getting only encouraging information is great, it can be equally rewarding to have some of the reasons NOT to do something. When I had plenty of money, could afford mistakes or most anything within reason, I couponed for years on end as a hobby, making about $.75/hr. and accumulated so many products I really could NEVER have used up before they expired. I was a sucker for cleaners, and lotions, etc.

I advise you to just stick to a few coupons and don't get carried away in the habit/addiction of it. You and your family will be happier in the long run...

By Lynda from TX

that was a good adjustment to make, because SANITY is worth a bunch of coupons.

Another reason for not using coupons is you must buy brand names. I've been using store and generic mayonaisse for years. For instance, when a sale came on recently for some Kraft Mayonnaise, I bought two. I discovered I haven't been missing a thing. I use mostly store and generic brands and pay less than if I'd used a brand name with a coupon.

I try to live by the notion that, "no matter how good the price is, if I don't need it, it's a waste of my money."

It's worth it to me to use coupons. There's no telling the amounts of money coupons have saved us since we started using them. One Kool-Aid coupon in particularly that I redeemed landed me a Grand Prize of $5,000. in a Kraft Foods Sweepstakes several years ago, just by putting my name & address on it, before redeeming it at the grocery store. So it's been well worth my time to use coupons!

Better Living Frugal Living TipsAugust 6, 2007
computer printer
Finding Printable Coupons
coupons
Finding Free Coupons
Clipping Coupons for Troops
Coupons for Troops
Online Coupon Computer
Using Online Coupons
🎉
🎄