Hairspray on Linoleum

How do I clean hairspray off linoleum?

By Mark from Dallas, TX

Answers

The same way you take the accumulation of hair spray on a person hair when you wash it you use any brand baking soda 2 to 3 heaping tablespoon's of "it" and stirring to dissolve it with a quart of warm water will do the trick. Put your dish rag in it and wipe up the hair spray with the mixture. This may take several rinsed out dish rags and repeating of this process but I know it will work as our bathroom floor is cleaned this way perhaps every 4 to 6 weeks. It all is depending on how much hair spray you use to show you how many times to do it.

Good luck and let us know how it turned out for you.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

October 27, 2009 Flag

Thank you in advance for your helpful responses. I have hairspray embedded on my bathroom linoleum. Does anyone have any ideas of what to use to get this off? I've tried the Swiffer Wet Jet, Mr. Clean and vinegar, nothing is working.

Thanks.
Brandi

Answers:

Hairspray on Linoleum

I would make a baking soda paste ( H2o and baking soda) let it sit on linoleum, scrub and rinse.

When I was a hairstylist we recommended the same to remove build up from your hair. The mixture dissolves the hairspray very well.
Good luck. (10/04/2005)

By woreoutmommy

Hairspray on Linoleum

100% pure alcohol. (10/04/2005)

By

Hairspray on Linoleum

I would try using Suave Clarifying Shampoo. It's made to remove hairspray and styling products from your hair so I would think if would remove it from the floor. It's also very cheap. A big bottle is only 88 cents at Walmart. (10/04/2005)

By Cheryl from Missouri

Hairspray on Linoleum

I have found mixing Pine-Sol and water removes the hairspray buildup off my bathroom floor and walls. It's always worked great for me. (10/04/2005)

By Beth from Ohio

Hairspray on Linoleum

If all else fails, it may be worth trying the orange hand soap for mechanics. It gets everything out.

But I use that Clorox Clean-Up for almost everything and it gets soap scum and all. (10/05/2005)

By Tawnda

Hairspray on Linoleum

I myself love the new Magic Eraser. It works for most everything I need it to clean. Plus, it's like a buck at Walmart. (10/07/2005)

By kidseatfree

Hairspray on Linoleum

Lemon juice, baking soda, and water also works for a natural remedy. I've heard this works on soap scum too, but have not tried it. I'm allergic to some cleansers and I'm amazed to hear some of the things lemon juice can do. (01/15/2006)

By singleangel

Hairspray on Linoleum

I had to do a 3 part process: Doing 1 or 2 squares at a time.

Rubbing alcohol with a scrubby sponge,

wiped it off with a paper towel.

I scrubbed it with a corner of a Mr Clean Magic Eraser and finally some Windex for shine.

My floor was pretty bad. Thanks for the great tips. (06/03/2007)

By Jen

Hairspray on Linoleum

Alcohol works, but I don't like the smell. Simple Green also works and smells better. (04/09/2008)

By Pat

young man using hairspray in front of mirror
Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsOctober 27, 2009
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
hair spray
Uses for Hairspray
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 10:17:45 AM on 10.0.2.180 in 914 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.