LaundryCleaning

Laundry Coated With Paper

Category Laundry

We accidentally washed a load of wash with some paper folder full of school notes. All the laundry is coated in a paper mache type film. What do I do? Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you SO much.
Papercoated from Miami, FL

I end up doing this, with tissue! I usually just throw it in the dryer because the lint trap takes most of it. And I don't know about it until I open the dryer! I shake off and brush whatever isn't removed. If you have to drip dry, wait until the item is completely dry (and paper too). The paper, if wet, is a lot harder to clean off, and will be like a gluey glob, working into the fabric. When dry, use a fab softner sheet or lint brush/paddle to work over.

My law officer son left his notebook in the pocket of his uniform shirt. It made a major cleaning job in the washer, and to complicate matters, his uniforms were not machine dryable. I had an unused, very dense foam sponge made for cleaning animal hairs off furniture etc. That helped immensely in getting it off the uniforms.