How do I remove crayon stain from clothes that have been washed?
I just found this on a search.
How To Clean Crayon Stains From Clothes
Time Required: 20 minutes
1. Place the stained clothes on a white cloth or a few white paper towels.
2. Spray WD-40 or apply a product such as Goo Gone onto the stain. Let this stand for a few minutes.
3. Turn the clothing over and apply WD-40 or Goo Gone to the other side of the stain; again, let this stand for a few minutes.
4. Take some dishwashing detergent and work this into the stain on both sides.
5. Wash in hot water with a detergent containing color-safe bleach, such as Cheer with Bleach. Or use a regular detergent and add color-safe bleach.
Wash & wear undershirts prevent underarm perspiration from showing.
6. Check the clothing before drying to ensure that the crayon stain is gone. If not, then repeat washing.
WD-40 can be found in most grocery, hardware, and auto parts stores.
Goo Gone can usually be found in the laundry section of your grocery store.
It might take several washings for all of the stain to come out of the clothes.
Place the article of clothing with your childs beautiful art work between paper towels.
Press it with a warm iron.
Repeat this process with a new paper towel.
Then clean with dry-cleaning solvent.
Put a commercial spot remover on the surface.
Let it dry.
Then simply brush the crayon off.
<b>Wood Furniture, Furniture Fabrics, Floors, Carpet:</b>
Spray on shaving cream.
Then wipe off your childrens handy work with a paper towel.
I tried the WD-40 and it did not work the blue shirt still has orange crayon on it! I tried scrubbing with a nail brush and that got some of the stain out! And it figures the shirt is one my daughter borrowed from a friend! HELP!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!