Sleepover Party Ideas for Girls

My daughter having her 12th birthday soon and she is going to go to the mall and 3/4 of the girls are coming back to our house for a sleepover. What games should I do for activities?

By annoymous from Great Britian, England, Preston

For my birthday, we did a scavenger hunt! You can do this around the neighborhood, house, mall, or grocery store. For a store, divide the girls up into 2 or more groups, then make a list of items that are inexpensive but still fun (ex. nail polish, lipgloss, stickers, bandanas). If it's in the house, hide all of the presents while the girls are distracted, then make clues and put them all over the house, when the guests and party girl find the presents, it's time to unwrap them! Also, for a twist on truth or dare, try dare double dare or fire! Someone will ask "dare, double dare, or fire?" if the person answers dare, they will do a simple dare. If they answer double dare, every person has to do the dare. If they choose fire, the person will have to complete a big dare. Another fun game is Flashlight tag. Wait until dark, and arrange the area where the guests are sleeping with one sleeping bag in the middle of the room. Have "it" holding a flashlight and turn off all of the lights. Have the other guests hide around the room while "it" counts to 100. Then, the guests will try to get to the center sleeping bag without "it" hearing them and shining the flashlight on them. All of these activities are super fun! All of my guests were talking about the party for weeks. I hope I helped!

Last year we chose to do my daughters "kids party" almost 6 mos. after her "real birthday"(which happens to be Christmas Eve), since that's a difficult time for a birthday party. It's a nice change. Instead of pizza I made up a batch of spaghetti and meat balls for their dinner...but the surprise was how I served them all. You should've seen the look on the girls faces when I threw on the floor and told them to eat it off the floor! Of course I had mopped, disinfected and put down a couple of disposable table clothes.

It was a Hoot as soon as the girls got use to the idea. We took video and share it with friends and family. And...this year the girls are all asking to do it again. I actually got the idea from an interview with Joan Rivers. She was describing a memory of her daughter she had. I thought it would be great fun. It is messy, but...oh, so much fun for the girls!

For games you should do...

scavenger hunt inside? hide and go seek? blind make overs? fashion show? mystery game?

Girls Having a Slumber Party
Slumber Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties KidsFebruary 1, 2011
Mommy Sleepover
Mommy Sleepover Ideas
A 16 year old girl holding a cake at her birthday with friends.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
Daughters Horse Riding Daddy
Raising Girls
A girl with a mohawk.
Mohawks on Girls
🎉
🎄