Transferring Perfume To Smaller Bottle

How can I transfer perfume to a smaller atomizer bottle for travel or to keep in my purse?

mom23boys from NY

It;s hard because most perfume bottles can't be opened - bt there are perfume holsders that work with a wick - you might try that - I usually take a similar perfume in a small size - a sample, perhaps? You can "milk" the perfume slowly into one of the small glass or metal sample vials, too. Take the sprayer off and push the plastic tube against the side of the vial...

What about using a medicine plastic syringe like the pharmacy gives you with liquid prescriptions? It might work because they have pointed narrow ends. You just pull the plunger to gather it, and push it to dispense it.

Like pamphyila said it depends if your perfume bottle has a clamped down lid that isn't removable or one that is. I would think an eye dropper from the drug store would work. They sell small perfume funnels for such a purpose also. They might also sell both of those in craft stores with the essential oils/fragrance oils.

I don't remember what it is called but a while back I bought something that looks like a pen. The bottom half screws off and there is a white firm wick type material that you dip into your perfume bottle until it is absorbed. It is for purse or travel and came with a little velvet drawstring pouch. You unscrew it and apply it to your wrists or neck or whatever. And it doesn't leak. I don't know if they are still made or readily available. I think I got it at the drug store or the dept store cosmetic section for under 5 dollars. ... earch+Products&hl=en&show=dd

If you have an old rubber baby bottle nipple, you can use that because the hole is small and can give you control. Also, an old ball syringe that you use to suction out baby's nose, etc, when they are born could have the top cut off.

You might also want to consider using a stick/waxy perfume that is a solid. No muss, no fuss!

I have transferred perfume from a larger bottle with a clamped-down (non-removable) lid and what I did was spray and spray and spray into the bottle. Worked for me.

Some department stores sell small funnels in the perfume department.

Woman applying perfume to wrist.
Using Perfume
Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 17, 2008
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Transferring Liquids Into Smaller Containers
Perfume Bottles
Shelf Life of Perfume
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle