Planning a Masquerade Ball

How do I plan a masquerade party?

By Rashema from Hackensack, NJ

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Answer

How do I plan a masquerade ball?

By Lizzie from Manila, Philippines

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am throwing a sweet 16 party for next year (July) even though I wanted it this year. I didn't get to planning in time so it's going to have to wait. My mom and I were trying to go all out about the mysteriousness, seduction, and tragedy of a Masquerade. Midnight Masquerade will be the theme.

The main problem we're having is what food to serve. Any suggestions on the mysterious food part? For the invitations, I kind of wanted it to be a scroll sealed with wax. We were going to stamp something into the wax sort of like the Phantom of the Opera. Maybe a moon with a star. I want everyone to be wearing a mask and we can give one to the people that don't come with one.

I sort of wanted it to be semi-formal because I don't want people to go buy a brand new expensive dress or tux. I also kind of wanted to have a murder mystery type thing and the longer it takes for people to find out who the killer is, the more people die. I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to do it because I have a great imagination, but I would still appreciate any suggestions. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

By Summer from San Antonio, TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Do any ThriftyFun members know how to get cheap or even free masquerade party decorations, food, or costumes? I'm also looking for a largish venue for holding the party/ball.

So if any of you guys know where I can get these supplies from, whether it is through the internet or anywhere else, please advise me. Thank you.

By Hannah from Bridgend, Wales

Answers:

Planning a Masquerade Ball

I've just been invited to a masquerade party and on the invitation it said, "Find a mask and wear it well so your true identity no one can tell."(07/25/2008)

By Kevin

Planning a Masquerade Ball

Watch the movie "Labyrinth" with David Bowie in it. It has one of the BEST ballroom scenes EVER. (10/26/2008)

By Seb

Planning a Masquerade Ball

We're doing a masquerade ball for our turnabout dance. We are giving out masks as the tickets/invitations and decorating our student cafe with silver, green, purple, and black balloons, streamers, and lights. We are buying masks to sell at the door that are done up with feathers and glitter so our group can make money. (11/13/2008)

By Beccah

Planning a Masquerade Ball

You have to check out http://www.labyrinthmasquerade.com

That is one of the greatest masquerades in the country. I look at their photos all the time. (12/14/2008)

By Gregor

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm throwing a masquerade ball but I don't know how or where. I don't know what to serve. Can you help me?

Bre from Belmond, IA

Answers:

Planning a Masquerade Ball

I am planning one for my 30th right now. Some ideas I had are to have palm readers, tarot card readers and belly dancers. Can anyone recommend a good site with lots of photos? (08/16/2008)

By Melyssa

Planning a Masquerade Ball

Watch the movie: Just My Luck or A Cinderella Story, they have some cute ideas for costumes. (10/07/2008)

By Ave

Planning a Masquerade Ball

Watch the movie "Labyrinth" with David Bowie in it. It has one of the best ballroom scenes ever. (10/26/2008)

By Seb

Planning a Masquerade Ball

We're doing masquerade ball for our turnabout dance. We are giving out masks as the tickets/invitations and decorating our student cafe with silver, green, purple, and black balloons, streamers, and lights. We are buying masks to sell at the door that are done up with feathers and glitter so our group can make money. (11/13/2008)

By Beccah

Planning a Masquerade Ball

You have to check out labyrinthmasquerade.com.

By Gregor

Planning a Masquerade Ball

(submitted via email)
Masquerade balls are so much fun, we have been to a few, and at partymasquerade.co.uk they have a large selection of masks, and also theme scene setters, to make the venue or home elaborate, which is what a masquerade is all about. Small pics for food, that cake looks fab, and of course every guest must be masked. We got our masquerade invitations from party masquerade as well, although not advertised they were great when we rang and said what we wanted. Anyway have a marvelous time.

Mrs. Mcclintock (12/21/2008)

By jess

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesMarch 29, 2011
Finding the Value of Conant Ball Furniture
tee ball player
Tee Ball Team Parade Float Ideas
Mirrored Gazing Ball
Making a Gazing Ball
Masquerade masks at   a masquerade ball.
Masquerade Ball Decoration Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 9:46:41 AM on 10.0.0.244 in 614 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.