Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Planning a Masquerade Ball

How do I plan a masquerade party?

By Rashema from Hackensack, NJ

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Planning a Masquerade Ball

I want to have a Masquerade Ball party this fall but I don't have any ideas on how to plan it. Please, if anybody knows anything about this type of party or has done it in the past please give me advice and tips on how to plan it, invitations, costumes, etc.

Thanks,
Blondie

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

I am actually having one in a couple of weeks. It takes a lot of planning. It is recommended to plan far in advance. Decided where you are going to have it, how many people, what is the theme, if there's food, etc. Set up a budget chart. Decided what sort of decorations you would like, lights, drapery, flowers, cnadles,...etc. If you decided to invite a lto of people have a list so that unwelcomers are not coming in... if you need anymore information, e-mail me..You need to also be aware of all local party places (for decorations, etc.) and caterers, and dress places, (or costume stores) and be aware of place that have masks, even if they are like mardi gras, you can get away with some. (06/05/2006)

By Dremn2banactress

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

I am currently celebrating my daughters sweet sixteen party and it just happens to be a masquerade ball. here is and idea you may use purchase styrofoam mask from oriental trading its really cheap buy any spray paint and spray the mask the color u wish. hang the mask on the walls with ribbons and balloons. another idea is cut out happy and sad mask from cardboard then put glue all over the mask and sprinkle glitter to cover all areas. I also suggest you buy jester outfits and have someone dress up as the jester and be the life of the party. good luck!! (10/24/2006)

By Brenda

Archive: Planning a Masquerade Ball

I'm throwing a masquerade ball but I don't know how or where. I don't know what to serve. Can you help me?

Bre from Belmond, IA

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

I am planning one for my 30th right now. Some ideas I had are to have palm readers, tarot card readers and belly dancers. Can anyone recommend a good site with lots of photos? (08/16/2008)

By Melyssa

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

Watch the movie: Just My Luck or A Cinderella Story, they have some cute ideas for costumes. (10/07/2008)

By Ave

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

Watch the movie "Labyrinth" with David Bowie in it. It has one of the best ballroom scenes ever. (10/26/2008)

By Seb

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

We're doing masquerade ball for our turnabout dance. We are giving out masks as the tickets/invitations and decorating our student cafe with silver, green, purple, and black balloons, streamers, and lights. We are buying masks to sell at the door that are done up with feathers and glitter so our group can make money. (11/13/2008)

By Beccah

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

You have to check out labyrinthmasquerade.com. That is one of the greatest masquerades in the country. I look at their photos all the time. (12/14/2008)

By Gregor

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

(submitted via email) Masquerade balls are so much fun, we have been to a few, and at partymasquerade.co.uk they have a large selection of masks, and also theme scene setters, to make the venue or home elaborate, which is what a masquerade is all about. Small pics for food, that cake looks fab, and of course every guest must be masked. We got our masquerade invitations from party masquerade as well, although not advertised they were great when we rang and said what we wanted. Anyway have a marvelous time.

Mrs. Mcclintock (12/21/2008)

By jess

Archive: Planning a Masquerade Ball

Do any ThriftyFun members know how to get cheap or even free masquerade party decorations, food, or costumes? I'm also looking for a largish venue for holding the party/ball.

So if any of you guys know where I can get these supplies from, whether it is through the internet or anywhere else, please advise me. Thank you.

By Hannah from Bridgend, Wales

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

I've just been invited to a masquerade party and on the invitation it said, "Find a mask and wear it well so your true identity no one can tell."(07/25/2008)

By Kevin

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

Watch the movie "Labyrinth" with David Bowie in it. It has one of the BEST ballroom scenes EVER. (10/26/2008)

By Seb

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

We're doing a masquerade ball for our turnabout dance. We are giving out masks as the tickets/invitations and decorating our student cafe with silver, green, purple, and black balloons, streamers, and lights. We are buying masks to sell at the door that are done up with feathers and glitter so our group can make money. (11/13/2008)

By Beccah

RE: Planning a Masquerade Ball

You have to check out http://www.labyrinthmasquerade.com

That is one of the greatest masquerades in the country. I look at their photos all the time. (12/14/2008)

By Gregor

Archive: Planning a Masquerade Ball

I am throwing a sweet 16 party for next year (July) even though I wanted it this year. I didn't get to planning in time so it's going to have to wait. My mom and I were trying to go all out about the mysteriousness, seduction, and tragedy of a Masquerade. Midnight Masquerade will be the theme.

The main problem we're having is what food to serve. Any suggestions on the mysterious food part? For the invitations, I kind of wanted it to be a scroll sealed with wax. We were going to stamp something into the wax sort of like the Phantom of the Opera. Maybe a moon with a star. I want everyone to be wearing a mask and we can give one to the people that don't come with one.

I sort of wanted it to be semi-formal because I don't want people to go buy a brand new expensive dress or tux. I also kind of wanted to have a murder mystery type thing and the longer it takes for people to find out who the killer is, the more people die. I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to do it because I have a great imagination, but I would still appreciate any suggestions. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

By Summer from San Antonio, TX

Archive: Planning a Masquerade Ball

How do I plan a masquerade ball?

By Lizzie from Manila, Philippines