Magic Eraser Left White Marks on Hardwood

I have worn hardwood floors and made the mistake of using a Magic Eraser to take off scuff marks, big mistake. Now I am looking for suggestions to cover the cloudy white spots.

By littlebeth from Ontario, Canada

I think if they are scuffed spots you can rub a walnut on them. I've heard that it covers scratches, so hopefully it will work for you. Good luck!

Could it be that the Magic Eraser removed the wax? Maybe the floor needs to be stripped and re-waxed.

I did the same thing. I used Miniwax cleaner and then the hardwood riviver and they were gone. Follow the utube video. I also used the low gloss version of the reviver. I had to order it online.

April 3, 2013 Flag

There is a faded white mark where I used a Magic Eraser Extra Strength on my client's wood floor. I want to spot fix it with Bona High Gloss. Can I do that? I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible to fix.

By Nonya

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would try rubbing mayonnaise on it first. Make sure it is mayonnaise and not salad dressing or not low fat mayo.

I am not sure how to fix it, but I think what has happened is that you have removed the surface on the flooring. Magic Eraser is an abrasive, and doesn't leave marks. It works by "sanding" off the soap scum or stain or whatever. It would be similar to a bleach "stain" - not a stain at all, but a removing of the original color. You will have to somehow recolor the area. Because we don't know for sure what type of flooring, it is almost impossible to give advice.

front of box
Magic Eraser Left Marks
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsSeptember 27, 2009
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
🎉
🎄