Stock Up on School Supplies

When each of my grandchildren were born, I started a tub where I purchase school supplies for them every year. I wait until school starts and Walmart and the other stores discount everything and I stock up. If I see something at a thrift store, I buy it: like rulers, pencils, folders, book covers, etc. When the child starts kindergarten, then I give it to the parents as a gift. It saves them tons of money and it's a great starter gift. I usually get a backpack to put stuff in for each child to present to them. I know it's not an immediate solution but if you're still having babies, do it now! Even pencils which were 1 penny when I was little are crazy to buy! Most items stay fresh, even glue, over time if not opened and kept in a cool even temperature place! The kids love it and the parents thank me over and over!

That is a really great idea!! I would be really grateful if someone got my daughter a backpack full of school supplies!! I just got the list for the upcoming school year and it is well over $60 worth of stuff!! Not including new school clothes and shoes =) My daughter is goingto be in 1st grade but now I will start stocking up on any and all school supplies I can find on sale =)

If you have a biglots around you, I noticed yesterday that they have really good deals on their school supplies,and there are a lot of brand name products there.

What a considerate gift. This just shows that you do not need to be well-off to give a well-appreciated gift to someone, just thoughtful. I bet you're a favorite grandma!