Foundation Makeup Stains on Clothing

I have a foundation makeup stain on my beige linen blend pants. Can someone help me please?

By Wendy from Perth, WA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Are the pants washable? If so mix one part water, one part clear amnomia, and dish det. (reg dish det.) pour into a spray bottle. Then shake it up and spray on the spot that you want cleaned. And just wash the pants. The spot should come out.

Dawn dish soap always works for me.

The best thing to do is use a dry cleaner. I got some make up on a new shirt of mine. I took it to a dry cleaner and it came back looking new again. It's better to use a dry cleaner especially if you are unsure how to remove it. Just never dry the spot otherwise it might set and not come out.

I bought a dress that had foundation on the white collar. The foundation type was unknown to me as the shop had gave the dress to me at a discounted price. As I couldn't afford to send the dress to the dry cleaners I used Gilette Sensitive Skin Shaving Cream on the stains. After scrubbing away at the stains for about 5 minutes they became unnoticeable. I put the dress in the washing machine and the stains are gone there is no evidence there was foundation on the dress.

Sally Hansen airbrush leg make up apparently is worse than regular make up cause shaving cream did nothing

DISASTER!! I unpacked my suitcase and my foundation was everywhere in my make-up bag. On cleaning it out I got brown foundation over my cream linen trousers. I tried every propriety cleaner to clean it off but without success and I was prepared to throw them away but as I last resort I turned to Google.

Shaving cream as an answer seemed crazy but I had nothing to lose and - nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I followed the instructions and my trousers are like new!!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 19, 2010
Mascara
Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric
Liquid Makeup
Removing Liquid Makeup Stains
Woman Applying Foundation Makeup
Finding Good Inexpensive Foundation Makeup
Cans of different colored paint.
Painting a Concrete Foundation
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 8:20:17 AM on 10.0.0.240 in 679 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.