Cleaning a Mamasan Cushion

How do you clean a very large cushion, specifically a Mamasan cushion? No stains, just want to freshen it up. I would love to wash it, but not sure it will dry.

RMS from Suffield, CT

I know when I was young my Mom would clean my stuffed animals (of all fabrics) by putting them in a pillowcase with Corn Starch. She would shake it and when she took them out of the case she would shake them (you guessed it this is an outside task due to the mess). I would think you could do the same with you cushion and a trash bag. Good Luck.

If it is small enough to fit in a dryer (at home) you could use the at-home dry cleaning kit. They cost 12 dollars but can do a lot of clothes, and really work in freshening up heavy fabrics. You could also use baking soda/cornstarch, let it set, then vacuum with an upholstery/fabric attachment, like your couch.

the cushion is very large...

I used a kiddie swimming pool, soaked it in detergent, drained the pool, and laid the cushion on the patio table to rinse and dry. I flipped it after a few hours and it dried without a problem.

thank you all for the tips. Suzi I think I WILL try that and pray it dries...thanks again and God bless!

rms

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJuly 11, 2006
Man with Bursitis
Home Remedies For Bursitis
Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Making a Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Packing Materials
Reusing Packing Materials
Earbuds Missing Foam Covers
Replacing Foam Earbud Covers
🎄