Removing Sun Damage From Fabric

I had to remove lettering on my cross stitch. Now I have a shadow of the lettering. How do I remove this from fabric?

Susan from Reno, NV

I'd suggest hiding the area by reworking something on top of it. Depending on your design, a floral design with conveniently twisting leaves and stems might work well. I love to cross-stitch, and it's hard enough to match thread tones if you just need more of a given color and know the number--different batches will have slightly different hues. I can't imagine anything that will undo sun bleaching and restore that thread to the exact same color. But, it's really not hard to add some design element that works with your overall pattern and conceals a flaw like this.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousAugust 6, 2007
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Sun Drying Fruits
Sun Drying Fruits and Vegetables
stained glass hummingbird sun catcher
Homemade Sun Catcher Ideas