What to Do With Coke Bottle Caps

I collect Coke plastic bottle caps for the Coke Rewards program. After entering the codes, I then have lots and lots of plastic bottle caps. Is there anything useful I can do with them?

Jean from Detroit, MI

If you have a problem with animals getting in your garden maybe you could spread them around. I don't think animals would like walking over something like that.

An old preschool trick. If you have different colored caps, make spare checkers with them. Red for one team (Coke) and green (Sprite) for the other. You could even use small stickers on the inside or out for when a checker is "kinged" and turned over. These are easy for small hands (or older, arthritic hands, too) to pick up and you don't care if one gets lost! You can use caps off milk jugs, too. These are great for car trips with a checkerboard/backgammon board made of a sheet of paper or large print checked fabric. Velcro the edges for a self-contained carrier, even.

If you have friends that sew, you can make these mini pincushions as nice little gifts:

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=249

What will i do with coke bottle caps? Make a necklace and wear it!

You know those business card size fridge magnets we are always getting for free? Take some of those type magnets - our town gives big ones with the whole years recycling schedule on it - and draw around a cap to make as many as you need to glue them to the back of them. Then take some nice stiff paper, draw enuf circles using a cap to make alphabet and numbers. Make sets of these to give to small kids you know to use on their fridge to spell and practice their numbers.

RE:What to do with coke bottle caps.

Cut out a Christmas tree shape from card board.Approx 12" high

Cut out circles of Christmas print material scraps big enough to cover caps.

Using needle & thread make running stitch around circle,secure at back of cap. Poke in ends.

Then with craft glue stick all onto tree shape to cover.

Hang up & kids will love it.

they work good for seniors in the nursing home to play bingo, instead of the small bingo chips, easy to hang on to.

Christmas Tree Ornament/Kid's Craft Project.

My daughter's 3rd grade teacher did this as a craft project: Hot glue caps together in any shape really ( she made a circle like pattern: 3 caps across the 1st row, 4 the 2nd, then 5, then 4, then 3). Glue glittery craft pom-poms in each of the "holes" of the cap. Hot glue ribbon to the top, and use as a tree ornament. They look cuter than it sounds!

Put 50 of them in a recycled plastic jar (maybe from licorce or the pretzels in a jar) Give it to a local 1st grade teacher. Children need visuals to learn counting, adding and subtracting.

Make a square piece of cloth or felt maybe 6x6 can be larger, cut 4 pieces of zig zag trim the length ot the fabric you've cut, with this make a tic tac toe lay out- by gluing the trim (lines) onto the fabric. Now gather those bottle caps for a game of tic tac toe. The color of the caps determines the team. Makes a good travel game for in the car going to grandmas house for holiday. You can glue the fabric or felt onto a surface if you want to make it a board. I just spray startched mine let it dry then fold and put it rubbermaid container with the caps.

i have a pattern for a wind chime using bottle caps if u would like to have a copy. my email address is biskitbrnr AT yahoo.com. email me and let me know if you would like it.

Yes I would love the pattern. My email

is. chey AT tds.net. Thank you Sharon H.

Yes I would like the pattern my email is genie 4922 AT aol.com. Thank u very much Sharon H.

I live in the UK and found the Coke bottle top fits the trigger spray bottles (sanitiser and shower spray) perfectly. I simply take off the trigger spray and replace with coke top reducing the height of the bottle for easier storage.

Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
Crafts OtherDecember 5, 2007
A cup of coke spilling.
Cleaning Coke Stains From Clothing
Plastic Bottle Top Container
Plastic Bottle Top Container
Felt covered bottle cap becomes Easter bonnet.
Craft Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
diet cola
Removing Diet Coke Stains From Clothing
🎉
🎄