Puzzle Piece Pins

A ways back, someone asked what she could do with puzzle pieces. I tried to describe these, but until I found them, could not do a good job. So, here they are!

Materials

• puzzle pieces
    I suggest larger ones from a kids puzzle.
  • scrap fabric (something that glitters, satin, rayon, or anything that has some stretch to it)
  • silver, gold, or colored thread
  • hot glue on cool heat
  • pin back

Directions:

1. With the puzzle piece on the fabric, cut around the piece with enough room to fold over the fabric.
  2. Making darts to allow for no bunching up, wrap and glue the fabric around the outer edge and leaving the inside with some slack or some "give room" but not much.
  3. With the glue gun, start by attaching the thread to the back, then turn over and start winding it around the outer and inner pieces, as shown.
  4. Do not glue each time you go around the back. When the desired effect is done, glue the thread and the pin back at the same time, cutting the end once it's glued. This keeps your fingers away from the glue.
  5. If you test the pin back and it comes off the item, don't despair. Cut off any built up glue and use the "hot" setting.

NOTE: Be careful! Never touch the hot glue with your fingertips. 2nd degree burns can and do occur!

Special Effects: Glitter glue little dots, hearts, or stars on the front.

By Sandra from Salem, OR

The puzzle piece pins would be great for Autism Awareness..

Thanks

sarah

Or you could paint each one a different and use glitter glue to make them pop.

Zig

These would be fun with things for the holiday like Snowman sticker, santa, etc. Great idea! HUGS

Sandy I love this idea. bet one could take a drill bit and put a hole in it and a piece of thread,string,or ribbon and hang from a christmas tree. this would look really good on a table top tree

The thing that struck my mind was, "I sew (crochet, knit) because I am." Thanks for a great inspiration!

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!!

I just love making something out of nothing. And, I love sharing it with people. I hope you all get to make some soon!

For the ornament idea, no need for a drill.

You can hot or cool glue a small paperclip on the back to just "peek" over the front and hang the hanger from that.

I would love to see what you all come up with!

Sandi/Poor But Proud

This is so cool. Did you know that the puzzle piece is the symbol for Autism. My son is Autistic and I can't wait to make this for all the moms of his class mates.

Jigsaw puzzle piece picture frame
Crafts Using Jigsaw Puzzles
Crafts Recycled CraftsNovember 12, 2008
Puzzle Pieces
Making a Puzzle Wreath
A woman working on a puzzle.
Making a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat
jigsaw puzzle
Making a Puzzle Storage Board
Making a Puzzle Board
Making a Puzzle Board
🎄