Reusing Ceramic Soap Dispensers

Does anyone have ideas for reusing ceramic soap dispensers that cannot be used because the pump no longer works?

CS7 from Salem, OR

How about a vase for one beautiful flower to go on your kitchen window sill, end table or wherever?

I found another pump that worked. I just bought a bottle of liquid soap and used the soap and pump, the plastic bottle went into the recycling.

I bought two ceramic elephants that had a cap in the middle of the back. I have no idea what was in them originally but I took a pump from an empty lotion bottle, cut the tube to fit in my elephant and set the pump cap on the threaded part. (pump does not have to screw on or fit tightly) They have been my kitchen handsoap dispensers for years.

Note: the tube should be cut on a slight slant to draw the soap.

My husband collects elephants and we have hundreds all over the house.

You could make a air freshener reed diffuser out of it:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4535661_own-reed-diffuser.html

I hot glued raffia that I tied around the top to cover the threaded part where you screw it on--and now I use it as a vase. You could also use ribbon. The mouth of the bottles are fairly standard sizes so you may want to get a bottle of hand soap from the dollar store and see if it fits.

You can often find other used ones and exchange the pumps. I sometimes find that dollar tree one's have the same type of pump, and even if it just sits over the hole without screwing down, it still works.

If you can clean it out good, you could hide your mouth wash in it.

I'd seal the tops with a cork and hot glue and scatter them in my garden as ornaments. Or try drilling a hole in the bottom (after thoroughly cleaning and drying of course)add soil and say an ivy plant and put it outside as a mini planter.

Soap Dispenser With Pink Liquid Soap
Uses for Soap Dispensers
Crafts Recycled CraftsFebruary 6, 2009
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
hand soap dispenser
Refilling Hand Soap Dispensers
Blue Mosaic Soap Dispenser
Repairing a Soap Dispenser
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄