Dog Names

Does anyone have some ideas for dog names?

By Marina from Garland, TX

Your post made me laugh to myself. There was a lady that let her kid name the dog (weiner). Later I asked her if she realized that she would be yelling this down the street.

You might get better suggestions if you can tell us whether this dog is a male or female and what breed. A photo would be great (everyone loves puppy photos!) I have a boxer/lab mix named Mason and I think the name fits him well.

Lol, yes, think about what you'll be yelling across the street. I know a couple dogs named Beavis and Butthead. Sure kinda funny in the late '90s when their owner was 21. Not so much now that he's got kids.

Dee O Gee is an easy name, and most appropriate.

Gizmo

What is it a boy or girl and is it a big dog or a little dog? Usually the name "DAM-IT" works for both "Come here. Dam-it! or "Dam-it" Where Are you? Or "Are you hungry Dam-it? than there is the "Dam-it-Lets go for a walk" and the favorite "I love you Dam-it" LOL. I think its kinda funny but maybe not a great name huh?

Cosmo, Rufus, Autumn, Missy, Buddy, Barney and Wanda.

Kitty

The name must fit the dog: the personality, etc. Any name is good: Paladin, Princess, Bailey, Lizzie, Shadow, Oreo, Mickie, Minnie, Mikey, Goldy, etc; when you spend time with it, the "name" that fits her/him will come to you!

We always let our pets "earn" their names. It has worked out just perfectly. Once you're around them for awhile, you'll instantly know that their names are just right for them. Sometimes, the name Kitty actually fits a big dog, and it's usually so funny. Just love and enjoy them more than anything else. You'll end up calling them every name in the book before they're house-broken, or litter-trained.

Songwriter

We had a black lab named Maverick once. It's a great name for a male dog.

Widget

I certainly hope this poor dog has a name by now considering the original post was dated October 20th 2010 !!

Girl with Puppy
Choosing a Name for Your Dog
Pets Dogs AdviceOctober 20, 2010
moonflower closeup
Growing Moonflowers
Kid's Clothes
Putting Names on Kids Clothes
Hero Sandwich
Hero Sandwich Recipes
Women Greeting Each Other
Remembering Names
🎉
🎄