Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat

My son left his crayons in my car and it melted on my cloth seats. How do I get it out?

Queenb80201 from Clinton, Ohio

I also found WD-40 to be very good. I used an empty mechanical pencil to pick off the caked on crayon. and then used q-tips dipped in the WD-40 to dissolve and clean the crayons. Worked great Thanks!

I had a multicolored mess in my backseat. I just used WD40 and paper towels and it did great, but still a less noticable stain. I will retry and probably use a stain remover, but the WD-40 DOES WORK!!!

My daughter left a box of crayons in our car, which melted down the plush fabric, backseat. I used mineral oil and it removed the dried melted crayons, without staining the car seats. She also had gotten dark red lipstick on her dress, and the mineral oil removed it also, without ruining her dress!

Scrape off any excess crayon with the dull edge of a knife or your fingernail. Be careful not to create more of a mess. This step to remove the crayon even further:

Iron the spot using brown paper bag, very absorbent towel, paper or unpainted cardboard being careful with temperature of the iron.

To completely remove the Stain: Best secret of all sprinkle baking soda over area, rub into stain, then vacuum repeat the process. Use this for all stains. No one wants the smell of WD-40 in their car.

Place a old towel over the wax and then lay a warm iron on the towel.The wax will melt to the towel.

Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat
Home and Garden Cleaning AutoJune 17, 2008
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Making recycled letter crayons.
Making Recycled Crayons
Craft Ideas Using Recycled Crayons, Uses for Old Crayons
Uses for Old Crayons
Craft Ideas Using Recycled Crayons
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 6:33:59 PM on 10.0.2.71 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.