Crayon on a Baseball Cap and Back Seat of Car

I don't see my dilemma in any of the postings. My daughters left a box of crayons in the back seat of my car. Of course, they melted all over the back seat, but also onto the visor of a specially made baseball cap. Surely, I cannot throw that in the washing machine. Short of taking it to the dry cleaners, does anyone have any ideas?

Use a sheet of absorbent paper (like a paper grocery bag) and your household iron. Place the paper on the wax and the setting on the iron on low and iron over the paper. (have several sheets of paper ready if it's a big job). Good luck!!!

Maybe you could put the cap in the freezer. Once the wax is frozen stiff it might peel off.

I know the product GOO GONE (orange smelling liquid NOT GOOF OFF ) works wonders on crayons on my daughters high chair. I also used it to take crayon off my pants. Give it a try. HOWEVER, when using this, you will have to wash with soap and water after. Also, you can put caps in the washer. I have done it many time. They sell little plastic enclosures for them to fit in and not get damaged in the wash BUT I have put them in wash without it you just have to reshape comes out. Its best to let it set on a bowl to reshape and dry over a rounded object like a head sort of speak). Good luck!

I had crayon on a white skirt that had been through the dryer twice it was awful! A friend suggester Lestiol I had to rub it in and wash the skirt 2 or3 times but ie worked beautifully! just the smell when you are using it