Making Lampe Berger Fragrance

What is the correct amount of scented oil you use for 91% alcohol for a lampe berger? My lamp doesn't get very hot or hardly any scent. I can't afford to buy it already made up!

Thanks.

By Polly from Klamath Falls, OR

The secret is to use 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (not the same as rubbing alcohol) - available at any Drug Store and inexpensive.

99% Isopropyl Alcohol will get the ceramic top part of the wick to it's right temperature after a minute or two, after which you blow out the flame and the ceramic will remain hot until either snuffed out or the alcohol is used up.

As for adding fragrance, you can either use essential oils (pure natural extracts - usually more expensive) or fragrance oils (synthetic fragrances - usually stronger and much larger fragrance selection and more reasonably priced compared to essential oils.)

How much you use depends on the type of oils you chose to use.

The general rule of thumb I use, is 8 to 10 drops of fragrance or essential oil per 250ml of 99% Isopropyl Alcohol.

Good Luck, have fun and enjoy your Fragrance lamp without breaking the bank.

As soapmaker, i use Essential oil and fragrance on a daily basis. You can find a lot of great scent for create the lamp mix at place like www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com. I am so happy that I found that website! I was looking for refill for my Berger lamp and the price of the "real stuff" is prohibitive. I like to use natural product as much as possible and it's now possible to make my Berger lamp spread EO all over the house, yeah me! :)

I pay $33.00 a week for a small 16 ounce bottle of the pre made. I could smack myself stupid for not knowing I could make my own. Never turning back.