Personalize Your Bed Frame

I have a gray bed. It's nice, but it doesn't go with all my purple and green stuff, and I can't change that. I decided to "pretty it up" some with little things that make it nicer and match more. I put up jewelry, heart shaped sachets, and more. The hat you will see close up was just a crocheted hat, I put a length of ribbon around it, and secured the center with an earring! You can do the same with any color, with ripped rags and buttons for a country look, or any little things you like. This really helped. Glad to share!

By Poor But Proud from Sweet Home, OR

Personalize Your Bed Frame

I think what you are doing is drawing attention to something that you didn't want to show. If I were you, I would buy a can of Rustoleum spray paint and paint it the color you want!

I think you are a very crafty person, which is a good thing. I love it!

At LANIEGIRL, You must not be into crafting. :) This is a great idea, especially for people that have a crafty mind, I see nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for the defense Shelyn! As I stated in the post, "I Can't Change That". It's not my bed, so there's that. But, there is one in every crowd, huh?

Poor But Proud

So clever! Where there is a will there is a way!

Very cute and clever idea, Sandi! Like latrtatr says, "Where there's a will, there's a way." ;-)

In all fairness to Laniegirl: Everyone has their own opinions and that's what the feedback section is for and, although you did mention you "can't change that", how was she to know it's a borrowed bed set when you wrote it's your bed? And to Shelyn: Laniegirl is indeed a crafter and good at it!

My intentions were not too hurt you but to help you. I see that you took them wrong. I still am convinced that it draws attention. For instance, I am sorry to say I have a big stomach. I would never wear clothes that accentuate it. Do you see what I mean? But each of us have their own tastes and I am sorry if I overstepped my boundaries if I hurt your feelings.

Looks great!

@ DEELI. I am thrilled the hear that Laniegirl is a good crafter, however the post (did for me & poor but proud) come across in a negative way (just as my post to her did for you). Any crafter that does as Poor But Proud did, knows that was a clever idea. Also crafters, in my opinion, don't just spray paint, they recreate and that is what she did. You're right, however, it wasn't stated the bed wasn't hers, but I think she did a fantastic job with her ideas regardless, as a matter of fact, I did it on a wrought iron bed I have after I saw her idea and have had many compliments. :-)

@ Poor But Proud, if you have a Facebook page and I were you, I'd post that idea! I am on Home Made Simple's fan page and that would be a great place to post it.

Happy crafting to all! :-)

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating BedroomOctober 13, 2010
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎉
🎄