My Frugal Life: Reuse and Recycle

I save the paper left after drying hands (from work) and use it to pick up spills on counters and floors at home.

I save the small bags that pet food comes in to use for coffee grounds, eggs shells, and bones, fat, or scrapes left over after dinner. The bags usually have a seal, so there is nothing to drip or smell in the trash can.

I use leftover magazines and news paper and advertisement to line my large bags in the trash can to prevent drips from jars, etc. from coming through the bag into my can. I use the paper left from printing out coupons or e-mails at the bottom of the page that is clear for writing notes and as scratch paper.

I place wax paper on my paper plates when using them for sandwiches or or non-liquid items so that I can reuse the paper plate over and over again. The waxed paper is much less expensive than the plate.

Reuse and recycle, our planet and we will be much healthier, and we will save our hard earned money to use toward the things we need :-)

By Lois from Glenolden, PA

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

Why not just use the waxed paper on a real plate? Or just a real plate without the paper? Seems really unnecessary.

All the things you are putting in that pet food bag, except for the bones would be great for a compost pile. They are easy and cheap to set up. That would really help the environment instead of putting all the things that easily breakdown sealed up in a plastic bag that won't breakdown.

Another idea is to cut cereal bags in two or more pieces to use instead of the waxed paper. I also like another poster's idea of using the waxed paper on a real plate, so the plate could be used a couple of times or so before being washed.

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeSeptember 23, 2010
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
Uses for Old Briefcases, Worn two strap leather briefcase.
Uses for Old Briefcases
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
🎉
🎄