Wheat Can Contribute to Hot Flashes

I read an article that said that women who have never had a problem with wheat may develop a sensitivity when they are going through menopause. The sensitivity can cause stomach discomfort, joint pain, and intensify hot flashes. Since most women have eaten wheat products their entire lives, they are unlikely to suspect that is what is causing the problem. I did an experiment. I didn't eat wheat for a week. My hot flashes didn't disappear, but they became much milder. Then I tried eating wheat yesterday. Suddenly, I had joint pain, a bloated feeling, and worst of all, hot flashes that left me drenched and nauseous.

So, ladies, this is something to try if you suffer from hot flashes or if you have stomach discomfort after eating wheat. If it doesn't work for you, it will certainly do no harm and you might enjoy sampling the alternatives to wheat. There are many glucose free products that taste good to the whole family. We eat brown rice/pecan bread, and rice pasta. There are mac and cheese and other convenience mixes. Amy has a great pizza with a rice crust. IKEA does a delicious glucose free almond cake. Going wheat-free will cost more unless, perhaps, you make everything from scratch, but it may be worth it if it saves on physical discomfort.

By susannl from St. Cloud, FL

The hormones our body' put out have a lot to do with many different processes. So, if wheat becomes a problem, then you might be experiencing lowered stomach acid. This is only one thing that might help, betaine hydrochloride can be bought at any health food store. This can help your stomach produce more, if it is capable of it. It's a cheap thing to try & it might help. Try taking 2 before each meal, then you can increase to maybe, 4-7 of them over time. Get it with digestive enzymes, like pepsin.

I'm sure you mean gluten (the substance in wheat) rather than glucose (sugar.) I will mention this to my menopausal friends, though. I hope I remember it when my time comes, lol! Of course, since I already have reflux issues, maybe I could simply go off my meds if I begin having this problem. Hmm...

If you are truly gluten intolerant you also need to avoid barley, rye, and all hidden sources of gluten. Celiac.com has all the lowdown.

Interesting indeed, where was this article and by whom?

Informative good to read.

Gluten Free Meal
Avoiding Gluten In Your Diet
Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 14, 2010
Premenopausal Perspiration
Remedies for Premenopausal Perspiration
Woman With Hot Flash
Home Remedies For Hot Flashes
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎉
🎄