Dogs Peeing On Wooden Coffee Table

I have 8 dogs and all were abandoned except 3. How do you get males to stop peeing on wooden furniture? I have an antique coffee table I want to use but don't want the dogs to ruin it.

Please help.
Gail Lloyd

First of all, are they all neutered? If not, they need to be. It could be a territorial issue and I would talk to your vet about it.

Clean the area w/a pet-specific cleaner to retard the scent first. Then put your dogs' food dish where they tend to mark w/urine - they don't like to tinkle where they're going to eat. You may have to move the dishes more than once to cover the different spots.

Send them outside in a dog run or give some away 'cause eight dogs in the house is too many in the first place.

Put your good furniture in storage or an off limit room until you have no male dogs in the house that like to pee on furniture. Good luck in trying to stop them, cause they have already left their scents all over your home where you can't see or smell it...but they sure can.

A rescuer with 8 dogs is normal. Give some away is assanine. They are not pieces of furniture to despose of. I really hope you don't subject any animals to your stupidity. There's no reason to put furniture in storage. I have a male & he lifted his leg to pee on my computer hutch when I 1st got him. I just said no & tossed him outside. From then on he followed my other dogs outside to do their business. I've never had a problem house training a dog. It just requires intelligence & patience.

Have a water bottle or squirt gun at the ready! It worked for my first dog, they get the message fast

and I never had to yell. If having 8 dogs works for you then fine. Do not be bothered by posts who tell you to give away your dogs. I think if you can manage 8 and keep them healthy Vet, shots and food then fine. I had a dog eat my antique pine chest and the foot of a wooden bed as son never

told me and hid it. So you gotta keep an eye on them.

I have a neutered dog that 'marked' in the house, so that isn't the solution.

My solution was buying a 'wrap' that goes around the dog. If they 'mark' in the house, it doesn't get on anything, just have to wash or change the wrap. Dr. Foster & Smith sell the wrap by mail order.

I have found this to be a issue with my dog as well. We let him out and he seems to pee on the dining room table leg. I have used a few different chemicals. I will try the dish effect. Of course it could be the other dog around and new atmosphere. We have a chihuahua and a cocker spaniel.

I have 3 dogs. Great Pyranese, Chihuahua and Chihuahua/Miniature Pintcher mix. Both little dogs are the dumbest dogs I have ever owned, and I've done rescue for 20 years. It's like they are in competition for dumbest dog! We live in the country and they have over an acre to run in. They go out anytime they want, or I put them out a few times a day.

I am almost always home with them. They pee on everything and eat the garbage and then puke it on my bed. Now the chi/pin mix has started getting ON the dining room table and peeing on anything there.....a pile of clothes/papers, decorations, centerpieces, etc. It's disgusting. So if the kids don't tuck in the chairs and I don't catch it in time, he jumps right up there and pees. It makes my husband crazy and we are ready to part with him. We have had him sense 8 weeks old. He is 2. Other Chi is 7. Both fixed. They will do these things with me in the next room. I just want to enjoy a clean house with good dogs and not live in a nasty kennel!

Your 2 year old is still like a child. Maybe he will out grow it but I would definitely do the squirt bottle thing on him. I have 4 rescue dogs and ALL of the boys who are all fixed have access to outside but STILL pee on my furniture. I am going to resort to the squirt bottle. They are 12 years old now

Does that make me an abusive mommie? I guess I could just throw the furniture away, and rip up the carpet. I'm kidding but they are like old folks now. You just try. ....that is all you can do. If you love them then treat them like your child or your mother. 

Pets Dogs House TrainingSeptember 10, 2005
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
glass coffee table
Repairing a Coffee Table With Missing Glass
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
🎄