Zucchini Pineapple Ice Cream Topping

I made a batch of the zucchini jam the other day and I discovered something very delicious. Before putting the Jello in, I removed a cup (unfortunately just a cup) of the mixture. This is the best pineapple topper for ice cream, pound cake or even put in your cottage cheese. That's as far as I got with 1 cup. I will be making it again soon.

Take 6 cups peeled and grated zucchini and cook on a low boil for 15 minutes. Then add 6 cups of sugar, 1 medium can crushed pineapple and 1/2 cup of lemon juice. Boil for an additional 15 minutes and then can it like jelly. Oh so yummy!

By Babbie from Lemon Grove, CA

ok..sounds delicious and I would love to make some...dumb question of the day though,,I am assuming there is water with the zuccini when you are initially cooking it. Could you give me an idea of how much..or am I way off base with that thought??Thanks Heather

could you post the recipe for the jam sounds good

Also, how much and what kind of jello was used in your jelly?

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyAugust 2, 2007
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
Storing Pineapples, Canning Pineapples. Sliced fresh mini pineapple.
Freezing Pineapple
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 17, 2016 at 9:32:24 AM on in 913 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.