Browsing: Removing Mold Stains on Fabric

Mouldy School Bag

My daughter's school bag has gone mouldy and we can't find anything to get out the mould stains.The bag is pink so we can't bleach it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Becky lee from Australia

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I AM NOT SURE IF THIS WILL WORK,BUT IF YOU CAN TURN THE BAG INSIDE OUT AND LAY IT IN THE SUN I THINK THIS WILL HELP. GOOD LUCK

turn it inside out keep rubbing it with baby wipes.this worked on a new white table cloth .red sauce spilled on it no stains at all try it it wont hurt.plus it will smell great-------

Whats the bag made of?

vinegar can kill mold, soak bag overnight in vinegar/water and wash as usual, line dry inside out in sun,

try charcoal, newspapers, and or vanilla, I know vanilla works on nasty smells. went crabbing one time, and brought the crabs home in camper fridge, smelled soooo bad, I wiped it down with vanilla, then left it shut with a couple of cotton balls soaked in vanilla for a couple of days, smell was all gone, also works for campfire smell in campers.smelly tennis shoes too""

you didn't say what material it was made of so I'm guessing it was cloth.I'd turn it wrong side out and paint it with spray paint,one coat should stop the mold and make the bag look better also.be sure and let it dry throughly.

Fabric
Removing Mold Stains on Fabric
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJanuary 29, 2005
cement bags
Opening a Bag With Stitched String Closure
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:42:49 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.