What Can I Use to Chop Luncheon Meats for Easier Swallowing?

I am a disabled person; who is having trouble swallowing. I am looking for a potato masher or other kitchen tool that will chop the small sandwich counter meat. The masher used on walnuts (in a Thriftyfun tip) sounds like it might work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Elaine

I don't know if your supermarket still has a butcher (ours is all self-service, but there's still a meat cutter or so working at the same time)? I would ask him/her to grind it for you. My mother had a meat grainder that she used to make hash with, so maybe that would work for you? Good luck on this!

You could also lay it on a cutting board and use a pizza cutter to cut it one way and then the other. Also at some delies you can buy spreads like ham salad spread, etc. Also in the canned meat area of grocery stores where they have the tuna, etc. there is something called potted meat. It comes in a tiny little can, but when mixed with mayo it makes several sandwiches. It is really cheap and a lot of people will turn up there nose at it but every now and then I get the hankering for it because that is what my Mother served with coffee and cake in the afternoon when it was our turn to have the threashing crew there to threash our grain.

If you have a food processor or even one of the electrical mini choppers, you could pulse several slices at a time, to your preferred consistency.

The pizza cutter idea mentioned by "redhatterb" would also work well as would a good pair of cooking shears.

Also wondering if one of those manual (non-electric) choppers -as seen on TV - might help. Not sure I would buy one without a personal reference from a friend who has owned one.

Is any of this helpful? Sure hope so.

I have a Hamilton beach blender. The screw on cutter part will fit on a regular mason jar, so I just screw the cutters on a small size (pint, or smaller) jar with the luncheon meat in it and blend it a bit. If you don't use all the ground meat, you can just put on the jar lid. Works good for me.

Health & Beauty AdviceNovember 13, 2010
Seniors Luncheon
Seniors' Luncheon Ideas
Carnitas Tacos
Carnitas Recipes
Frugal Luncheon
Frugal Luncheon Menu Ideas
Church Luncheon Ideas
Church Luncheon Ideas
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 11:22:20 AM on 10.0.1.65 in 981 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.