Uses for Clear Plastic Containers

I recently purchased a four pack of tomatoes for $.99 at Canned Food Warehouse. When I got it home, I was headed for the recycling bin when I realized the value of this little container. I can put four balls of crochet thread or yarn inside, and they have been kind enough to even put four holes in the top for me!

The contents stay pretty safe, easy to transport, convenient, stackable, and I don't have to touch the yarn/thread until I am ready to replace them. The interior dimensions are about 2.9 inches in diameter, so even a tennis ball will fit (according to their website, they are 2.7 inches in diameter so they should fit).

If you are going to a picnic or BBQ, you can use it for apricots, plums, or yes, even more tomatoes. I found this to be a real boon to my crafts, so I am going to buy some more. I hope you get as much use out of them as I have.

I think I have seen them in several stores, in case you don't have this particular store in your area.

By poor but proud from Coos Bay, OR

I've never seen this type of tomato container before (four pack) but your idea gave me the idea to use my cherry tomato containers that will each hold one ball of yarn and the top of those also has a convenient hole opening on the top plus the label peels off easily. Good tip, Poor But Proud! ;-) Thumbs up!

Pretty neat idea, especially using the holes to pull the yarn or lace or string or (you get the idea) anything as such through without opening the container at all. This will be great for my crafty 5 yr. old.

I put one of those cherry tomato containers at the back edge of my sink. I put my teflon scrubber and metal scrubber in it. The holes in the bottom allow the water in them to drain back into the sink. Not too classy, but handy.

Reusing Food Packaging, Junk Foods
Reusing Food Packaging
Photos CraftsAugust 18, 2010
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
Plastic Baby Food Containers
Uses for Plastic Baby Food Containers
🎉
🎄