Rinse Canned Foods Before Using

When you open a can of tuna, vegetables or even fruits, empty the contents of the can into a strainer and rinse under running water for up to 5 minutes before adding them to a recipe. This cuts out lot of the salt and sugars added to canned foods. I love canned tuna and fruit cocktail but am on a restricted diet. This lets me enjoy the foods I love while worrying about the extra salt and sugar found in cans.

Source: my doctor

By Susan from WV

I do that with all of my canned products too; tuna, beans, etc. and I think it really helps too.

I also rinse my frozen vegetables before I use them. It seems to just cut down on that frozen taste.

Thanks for the hint!

Smoochie

Does it also wash away nutrients?

5 minutes is quite alot of precious water going down the drain. I put my veggies in a strainer and just run them under the water quickly and that is enough.

I always wash the outside of the can before opening them up as I don't know where these cans have been (a lot of stuff seems to come from overseas nowadays) germs might be on them - can openers pierce the metal and there some contaminants may get in the product

Vegetables canned at home.
Using Canned Vegetables
Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingMay 19, 2008
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Homemade Rinse Agent Recipes
Homemade Hair Rinse Recipes
Homemade Hair Rinse Recipes
girl with shiny hair
Homemade Conditioning Rinse Recipes
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Saving Money on Rinse Agent
🎄
🍂