TroubleshootingComputers

Internet Explorer Becoming Corrupt When I Update It

My IE (internet explorer) becomes slightly corrupt every time I get an update from Microsoft. Do you have any suggestions? I like g-mail, but Firefox is having trouble with it, so abandoning IE is something I can't do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Holly from Richardson, TX

What kind of problems is gmail having with FF... I use both together several times a day and have more problems if I try to use Gmail w/ IE

Ashley

ashley.foster4922 @ gmail.com

Corupt files and M$update kinda go hand in hand...

There are HORDES of people that simply refuse any & all updates offered by Microsoft simply due to the issues you are talking about now.

I know everytime I've ever done a mass upgrade I've had problem after problem *sigh*

Give FF some time, they will either resolve the issue or Google will...as both do tend to do their best to keep on top of things (unlike Micro$oft)

When using Gmail with FF it is very slow and shows up on the screen in batches.

I had to reinstall everything, then refuse to get ANYONE'S updates, tech update support/advice, virus protection, computer checkup, etc. and then fly on my own. It's been over a year and had very few problems as before. MS is notorius for problems according to TechRepublic geeks who offer unusual IT advice. Just get AOL and no frills. Then NEVER be tempted to get MS updates, regardless, nor virus protection nor any special software. Keep everything

simple and you should be just fine. You don't need updates with AOL, for some odd reason. Good luck and God bless.

To run a check on the files and see if one or more is corrupted, use the System File Checker included with Windows XP.

Click [Start] [Run] and type sfc /scannow in the [Open] box.

(Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow)

If corrupted files are found, you might be prompted to insert the Windows XP CD ROM, so have them ready.

If this doesn't work, you may have to do a repair or a reinstall of IE. This isn't too difficult to do. Just google "Repair IE" or "Reinstall IE". There's tons of advice out there on how to do this...

Good luck!

Hi Holly,

May I suggest an informative web-site that will answer 'ALL' questions concerning computers :)

www.http://thundercloud.net/infoave/

This has saved me from numerous headaches and they also have way cool stationary for your outlook express... everything is FREE too ;)

Have you updated FF? Don't give up on it, but I have to say, it works even better on a Mac!