Use a Photo Album for Recipes

Photo books work great for recipes! Put all of your 3x5 inch recipe cards in photo sleeves inside an album meant for photos. You can buy tabs for notebooks and label with cooking categories such as breakfast, side dishes, main dishes, salads, soups and desserts.

By Lori from Minneapolis

January 26, 2010 Flag

I have a lot of recipes that I have printed from the internet and couldn't find a place to store them. I had some of the small photo albums lying around, so I use those to store my recipes. Works great.

By Karen from Clemmons, NC

Answers:

Use a Photo Album for Recipes

I have been sticking recipes into a file which can get pretty messy. I just wanted to thank everyone for these fabulous suggestions. The only good thing about the file is when it gets too "fat" it forces me to weed out the recipes I don't use or aren't that great. (01/31/2009)

By RobinLynn

January 29, 2009 Flag

My tip is for keeping your recipes that you print from the internet in order. My friend gave me a beautiful photo album that had a fruit design. I thought "Wow, this would look nice on a shelf in my kitchen." I then thought that it would be a great place to keep all the great recipes I find online that I had printed out. Now when I cook a recipe the recipe does not get messed up because the album pages keep the recipes clean.

By Claudia from Kentucky

Answers:

Use a Photo Album for Recipes

Thanks for sharing this idea. I've done very much the same thing with my recipes. Several years ago I bought several 3-ring binders and clear economy weight sheet protectors at Walmart and I store all of my recipes in the sheet protectors.

Sure beats having to prop up a recipe book. The advantage is that I can remove the recipe from the notebook and place it next to me where I'm working. And the pages wipe off easily if they can splattered.

Marge from NY
(09/24/2007)

By MCW

Use a Photo Album for Recipes

When each of my kids moved out into their own homes, I made a personalized cook book for each of them with their favorite family recipes in them, using dollar store photo albums. My DIL likes using it, as does my granddaughter. (09/24/2007)

By jean

Use a Photo Album for Recipes

This is a great idea. I do something perhaps similar. I buy page protectors which are acid free and archival safe. I print a recipe from the internet on both sides of the paper and slip into a page protector and then place the pages in a binder. This works really well. My recipe pages stay clean, they are easy to read and I make up my own cookbooks with the recipes I really like. When you buy cookbooks, usually you only make a handful of the recipes from the entire book. It's someone else's idea of good recipes but when I put one together myself, I know it's the kinds of recipes my family really likes! (09/25/2007)

By Debbie52

Use a Photo Album for Recipes

I too have been doing this for many years
it keeps my recipes from getting damaged when I cook (09/25/2007)

By imaqt1962

Use a Photo Album for Recipes

Thank you for a great idea, I have been saving my recipes and just putting them in a binder. I was trying of figure out an inexpensive way to make them into an album. (Well, book really) As I said in previous posts, my husband is a professional chef (32 years, but who's counting) I had an entire wall of our dining room built out with shelving to display all of his cookbooks. It's true you might only use one or two recipes from one book but when you are a professional, you want the whole enchilada. I'm with you, save my favorites for the one day a week I have to cook. (09/28/2007)

By Sandra

Use a Photo Album for Recipes

I made 10 of these with my favorite recipes and gave them away as Christmas gifts last year. They were a hit. (06/26/2008)

By Cilla

September 24, 2007 Flag

All those fantastic "must try" recipes that you clip from magazines and newspapers can be placed in an inexpensive photo album. After you prepare one that your family did not enjoy, lift the plastic page and discard. Now you have room for another!

By Maureen

Answers:

Make Your Own Recipe Book

I made a great recipe book out of an old photo album. This way when I accidently spill something, all I have to do it wipe it off and it's as good as new. I often include a picture of the item, too.

By imaqt1962 (02/14/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Organizing Recipes

I use a photo album to organize all of my favorite recipes I clip from magazines. This way they are safe from "kitchen spills". It's also an easy way to organize them in categories.

By Angela Paule (07/05/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJanuary 26, 2010
Quilted Photo Album Cover
Making a Quilted Photo Album Cover
Decorated Photo Album
Decorating A Photo Album
Couple looking at recipes both online and using recipe box
Saving Recipes
🎉
🎄