Puppy Pees When Excited

My 14 week old Chi-poo puppy gets so excited when my dad gets home that she pees on the floor. She only does that to him. Any idea's how to stop this from happening? And will getting her fixed help this problem too?

By Loni from Bella Vista, AR

Saw an episode of the Dog Whisperer concerning this. When you first enter your home, ignore the dog. Do not give him/her any attention until they are relaxed and no longer excited.

Get her fixed no matter what the problem is with her peeing. You do not want a litter of puppies and then wonder what to do with them. All dogs should be fixed.

Please don't ignore her; most puppies do this when excited. Don't worry, she'll soon grow out of it; just enjoy her:-))

I had a Pomeranian who use to pee when people came in the room. This is a very submissive way of saying "please don't hurt me, I'm friendly". I would gently put my hand under her tummy and lift her tummy and that would make her stop peeing. It didn't take long for her to understand that no body was going to hurt her and she stopped peeing. Hope this helps.

Dog Pees in the House When Excited
Dog Pees in the House When Excited
Pets Dogs AdviceMay 3, 2010
Basenji
Basenji Breed Information
puppy in crate
Puppy Pees in Crate
dog sitting in bed
Dog Pees in Owner's Bed
🎉
🎄