Keeping Recipes at Eye Level and Clean

Here's a quick, simple way to read your recipe cards without getting them dirty. Tape them on a kitchen cabinet door at eye level with scotch tape, a sticker, or an old address label. They are easier to read, and you can take the tape off when you're done.

By Laurie from Portland, OR

I do something similar. I use a strong magnet to stick the recipe to the edge of my range hood. For cookbooks, I have a bar stool that sits up high and I can pull right beside me while I'm cooking.

I do the same thing but never thought to post it here. Thanks, Laurie for sharing this great tip!

I use the clear sleeves that hold 8 x 5" pages where I put my recipe I am using at time in then tape to cupboard door with masking tape making sure masking tape is on clear sleeve & not paper recipe. Keeps recipe clean, no tape residue problem and at eye level.

November 18, 2009 Flag

To keep my recipes from getting dirty, and to keep them eye level. I use the poster putty found in the stationary department. The putty does not stain, sticks as long as you want, and is really cheap. I put my recipe up on the cabinet where I am doing my work, and take it down when I am done.

By Jennifer from Van Buren, AR

Answers:

Keeping Recipes at Eye Level and Clean

I use the magnets on my refrigerator door, for recipes. Works as well as the putty on the cabinets, and makes the magnets useful instead of just nice decorations. (08/16/2006)

By abqjudy

Keeping Recipes at Eye Level and Clean

Jennifer, thanks I really like your idea and plan on trying it soon. I live in a home that doesn't have much counter space so I have to go back and forward to the kitchen table every time I need to look at my recipe book. I made my own book with fave recipes and they are already in see through pockets so your idea sounds perfect.

Thanks again. (08/17/2006)

By Vanessa

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsNovember 18, 2009
Boosting Your Energy Level
Boosting Your Energy Level
Couple looking at recipes both online and using recipe box
Saving Recipes
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Making a Googly Eye Mirror
Girl with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Remedies
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 7:52:36 PM on 10.0.2.64 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.