Rice Krispy Treat Easter Baskets

For many years I have been making Easter baskets for my children and, now grandchildren from Rice Krispy Treats. I use a few more marshmallows than usual and tint them green. I then turn whatever size bowl I want to use upside down. This will be the size of the basket. I cover it with foil, then spray with non-stick spray. Cover with a fairly thick layer of Rice Krispies and mold over bowl. This needs to be firmly packed Then make a strip on a cookie sheet for the handle. Let cool until set. Unmold.

You can keep foil inside to keep the basket clean from whatever you put in it. Put the handle on with a melted marshmallow. I fill it, then place it in cellophane, just like a straw basket, and tie a large bow at the top They always eat it first, just love it and I don't have a bunch of old baskets laying around. Have also made mini's for each child for party favors using small bowls. They love it!

By Toebeanie from Warrensburg, MO

What a great idea! I'm going to make some for my grandchildren. Thanks!

We did that one year for our son. We didn't dye the marshmallows. We left the marshmallow treat basket natural. However we dyed some coconut green with food coloring and used that as the "grass" in the basket. It was a BIG hit!

What a clever idea!

I'm going to try this for my nephew this weekend!

Thanks, Toe. Coincidentally, I am moving to Warrensburg at the end of the month!

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing. Very clever.

I will definitely be trying this. What a clever idea! Thanks for sharing with us.

I, too, tried the green coconut one year, but the kids make such a mess with it, that I decided green baskets were better, especially for young ages. And not all the kids like coconut!

I tried it for my nephew as I said I would. It probably would have been easier if I had ever made rice crispie treats on my own before. But, I didn't think to let the mixture cool a little before trying to mold it to the bowl. And, I made my handle too thick so it continued to distort the bowl part. I ended up hiding the marshmallow glue marks with some Peeps and then filling the bowl with more goodies for him. He will like it no matter what, I feel though. Better luck next time!

Rice Krispies Easter eggs.
Easter Rice Krispies Treat Recipes
Holidays and Parties Easter Easter BasketsApril 7, 2009
Rice Krispy Pumpkin
Making Rice Krispy Pumpkins
Rice Krispies Easter Eggs
Making Rice Krispy Treat Eggs
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Rice Krispy Nests
Making Rice Krispy Treat Nests
🎄