Nummy Yummy Spicy Harvest Soup #2 (Dairy and Meat Free)
Another concoction of mine because I just threw in what I had!
- 1 broccoli stalk (chopped, diced)
- 1/2 sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 small potato (cubed - I dont peel if it is a new potato)
- 1 ear of corn (kernels taken off, about 1 cup of corn)
- 1/4 cup green beans (if you have them)
- 5 cups veggie broth or water
- 1 tsp thyme (dried)
- 1 tsp parsley (dried)
- (1 tsp dill (dried)
- 1 tsp salt (if using water)
- 1 Tbsp. korean red flakes (kochu karu)*
- 1 cup soy milk or other non flavoured non-dairy milk
*These are not regular red pepper flakes. You can use Sambal or hot chili sauce, perhaps 1-2 tsp. if you don't have this stuff)
Throw everything in a pot except for soy milk and simmer for 30 minutes or until veggies are really tender. Add soy milk, then use one of those hand mixers to blend soup or put in food processor. I like to leave some chunks in there. The soup comes out a really neat orangy-ish colour with specs of different colours in there. Really cool!
Source: This is my own recipe.
By Lisa from Halifax, NS
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Article
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 16, 2017 at 4:45:09 PM on 10.0.2.254 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us