Emery Boards for Sanding

I always try to think of ways to use things as much as possible before tossing them out. I recently realized a great use for partially worn out fingernail emery boards. I keep them in a container and use them when I refinish antique furniture. You can pop off just the length you need and they are thin enough to get into the crevices of detailed pieces, and they are so much easier to handle than regular sandpaper. I use them when I need a fine grade sandpaper and they work really great! When finished and completely used up, into the recycling bin they go. I feel so much better knowing that they have been completely used!

By southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

Hi

I thought this is a very good tip! I put it into use straightaway and was able to repair something I thought I would have to throw away - so thanks for this.

Emery Boards
Using Emery Boards
Crafts MiscellaneousAugust 13, 2008
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Felt Pieces
Making Felt/Flannel Boards and Pieces
A cheese grater and a pile of grated cheese.
Cleaning a Cheese Grater
Old Ironing Board
Uses for Old Ironing Boards
🎉
🎄