Uses for Old Ironing Boards

Category Reusing
Readily available at many yard sales, these upright folding boards can be repurposed in interesting ways. This page contains uses for old ironing boards.

I have bought some old wooden ironing boards at the thrift shop to use as buffet tables for parties in the yard. I add a table cloth and line the boards along the deck or along the edge of the flower bed. They look really nice. One is for food, and one for plates cups (etc.). I am using one now as a plant stand for some of the house plants I brought in from the yard. Think of it as a long table and there are a ton of uses for it. The boards don't take up a lot of space, they are easy to store as well.

Use an ironing board as a side table for a sick person or a table to wrap gifts.

By Ron from Cortez, CO

If you have an old ironing board that is made from metal and is not usable for ironing (it has rusted a bit or is bent), turn it into a fish cleaning station by fastening a fish board onto the wide part. Then it can be hosed off and stood up, waiting for the next fishing trip. I saw this in use at my son in law's house. Very useful and adjustable to height.

Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 21, 2013
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-02-03 11:04:43 in 911 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️