Using Old Patterns for Artwork

When looking for a fun new piece of artwork for your laundry room (or any room really), think outside of the ordinary. Take old patterns for clothes (50's, 60's and 70's styles are really neat) and frame the fronts. They are fairly close to standard sizes for frames and easy to trim down. Just frame and hang. When you get tired of one, switch it out! Easy and cheap, these are usually fairly easy to find in thrift stores and at yard sales.

By lifewithmadman from Little Rock AR

In my laundry room, they'd curl up with moisture, but in the Sewing room area, that's a CLEVER idea, sort of like framing old sheet music, which I have plenty of and YET to do. I'll bet I have some interesting old patterns/fronts, AND old frames to accommodate them! God bless you for this curious

tip. : )

You have just made my day! For years, my husband traveled all over the world so our 5 children were always given t-shirts from his destinations. I still have them, but wasn't sure how to display them. I thought I'd just pin them up on the walls in the kids' playroom but I really like your idea of framing them instead. A much more organized idea. I want the memory, just not the whole shirt. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I know why I can't delete my thrifty fun newsletters without reading every one, no matter how behind I am.

Frames on a wall.
Saving Money on Wall Art
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating ArtOctober 3, 2006
A child's drawing of a house, the sun and three stick figures.
Creating Quilts With Kids Artwork
Repurposing Calendar Pictures
Repurposing Calendar Pictures
Oil painting of house and fields.
Cleaning Oil Paintings
Stack of pictures frames.
Storing Framed Artwork
🎄