How Do I Can Hot Peppers and Green Tomatoes?

I'd like to know how to can hot peppers with green tomatoes in it? Do I use vinegar and water, or just plain vinegar? My grandma use to do it, but I cant remember how. Thank you.

By Bruce

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I use a brine recipe. Is this what your grandma had? I use whole cheyenne peppers, green tomatoes (cut in half) cabbage cut in pieces (about the size of the tomato halves) and cucumbers (cut in half). Use and or all these veggies. Wash well and place in scalded jars.Pack tightly and leave about 2 inches of room from the top. Add a heaping spoon of pickling salt(1tsp per quart, 1TBSP per gallon) then fill with boiling water and cap. Cover with towel for 8 hours then store in cool area. These keep for about a year. The more peppers you add, the hotter your brine will be of course.

I can hot peppers in white vinegar.

Food and Recipes Canning Condiments & SaucesMay 12, 2011
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Freezing Hot Peppers
Freezing Hot Peppers
Selecting Good Bell Peppers
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:07:11 PM on 10.0.2.47 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.