Romantic Valentine's Day

For a romantic Valentine's Day with your significant other, I rented a room with a jacuzzi tub in it. My friend helped me. I bought tule at the fabric store, (looks like wedding veil material) and draped it over the bed with an eye hook in the ceiling. This part I would never do again because now that I think of it, it didn't work very well.

We made 100 candles from old candles that we melted down into little dixie cups using the same wick. When they were dry we cut off the cup and placed them on plates of all sizes, some had multiple candles on them.

We went to a florist the day before and asked for the flowers that were going in the trash. She gave us the discards. We pulled off the petals and sprinkled them on the bed, and in the jacuzzi.

We brought a cd of Barry White. My friend and I decorated the room and while I went to get my husband she lit all the candles. As I led my BLIND FOLDED husband into the room she slipped out with the kids and went to stay at my house and took care of my kids for the night.

When I took off the blind fold well I don't have to tell you he was pleasently surprised. Bring wicker basket filled with wine, cheese, smoked fish, bagette, chocolate, strawberries, whip cream, (whatever you would like) Believe me, husbands love this as much as we do. Tell your husband your making the plans this year. The benefits are as much for you. This is good for an Anniversary, birthday, anytime.

By Laurie from West Covina, CA

Hi! I love your ideas - especially asking the florist for throw-aways.

I just wrote and posted an article about Valentine's gift giving at my blog at http://talkingaboutlingerie.blogspo ... -woman-wants-for-valentines-day.html

My husband and I just returned from a weekend get-away for our 10th wedding anniversary; I rented a cabin w/hot tub for 2 nights for less than a higher end hotel room would have cost. I placed a map to the cabin in hubby's anniversary card, took the day off work, packed us up for the weekend and stole him from work (with his boss's permission). Aunts and grandmas took care of the girls while we were gone.

HE WAS SO SURPRISED AND AS EXCITED AS A CHILD. He was shocked that I had planned all this without his knowledge and absolutely delighted with the spontenaity (for him - it took me about 6 weeks to plan!)

I, too, packed a "gift basket" with some wine, our wedding glasses & photos, some new lingerie, candles, romantic CD's a movie or 2 and some popcorn - for late night snacking.

I agree w/you and highly recommend taking the initiative once in a while. In the past we have rented an inexpensive hotel room w/hot tub (like Super 8), gotten Chinese take out and some Ben & Jerry's from a gas station and had an evening to remember. Just go, it's so refreshing for the body, mind, and spirit!

Frugal Valentine's Day Gifts, Saving Money on Valentine's Day
Saving Money On Valentine's Day
Holidays and Parties Valentine's Day Tips For AdultsJanuary 24, 2006
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers