Saving Money On Valentine's Day

For those of you who may not feel "artistic", please consider this unique Valentine's Day Gift: A Valentine's Day Letter.

Cut some 8x11 inch paper in half and fold into a booklet. Name it "I love you for..." On each subsequent page write one little memory, from your past that helps endear you to your loved one. You may add photos or memorabilia if you want. This even helps remind you of how blessed you are!

These types of Valentine's letters to parents are especially nice! Many times, they don't get the loving attention that they once gave us and don't realize how precious their love for us is in our memories.

I did this for my parents' anniversary and after they passed on, found it amongst their "saved possessions". I know it meant a lot to them (and even more to me once I found it again many years later.)

Treasure each other! :D

By AHA! from Sterling, PA

13 More Solutions

Tips for saving money on Valentine's Day as suggested from the ThriftyFun community.

Frugal Valentine's Day Gifts, Saving Money on Valentine's Day

One year we didn't have much money, and I wanted to do something my husband would remember, so I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of junk. Bear with me here, folks, it gets better!

Below are tips from our archive and new tips. We are adding more every day until Valentine's day so bookmark this page. You can post your ideas online send them to daily@thriftyfun.com Updated 2/14/2001

If you buy candy in red and green wrappers (like Hershey's kisses) after Christmas on clearance; you can use the red for Valentine's and the green for St Pat's. Also, buy the chocolate and use if for baking for Valentine's Day, etc. By Kathy

Not too early to start saving on the Valentine date or dinner. Here are some tips I would like to share. You can prepare your own dinner by starting your shopping now and buying the meat and side dishes when you see them on sale.

Photo of a bottle of wine and a rose.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Our thoughts on Valentine's Day and it's real meaning. We love it, but what is it about. Happy V Day to all our readers!

A red heart for Valentine's Day

For a romantic Valentine's Day with your significant other, I rented a room with a jacuzzi tub in it. We made 100 candles from old candles that we melted down into little dixie cups using the same wick...

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh

Men, Valentines is fast approaching, an often costly calendar date. Be creative, romantic, and frugal this Valentines. Keep the cliché It's the thought that counts in mind when planning this day.

Large Red Heart

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

After holiday sales are a great time to shop. After Valentine's Day sales will bring many opportunities to save. Its a good time to shop for anything red or white that you can use to decorate your home.

Right after Valentine's Day is a great time to buy candy for less. You can purchase and freeze chocolate for future baking projects and it's usually half price or less.

Planning to give a loved one jewelry for Valentine's day, seek out, say, a heart shaped necklace, pearls, or diamond earrings during the Christmas sales. They are usually cheaper and you have a wider selection to choose from.

After being married for 11 years, I am running out of creative ideas for Valentine's day. I'd love to hear some inexpensive unique ideas.

By Leigh from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Answers

Make a coupon book for your honey for their favorite things or things that speak to their love language. Back rubs, cherry pie, favorite cookies, bubble bath, help mowing the yard, etc. You'll get lots of fun out of the results.

I make cards anyway, so I'll make a Valentine for him, and I plan to make his favorite meal for dinner. That's going to be a pretty busy day for me (helping prepare food for my daughter's classroom party at school), but I hope to pick up some inexpensive flowers for our table, too. That's about as exciting as it gets for us. But I think we'll be happy with it.

I was going to suggest the coupon book also. It was a big hit with my husband. Depending on how many coupons you include & how quickly he uses them, your gift could last quite awhile. One year the coupon book was made up of only coupons for "romance". I was surprised at how much "spice" it put into our marriage.

Another gift that keeps on giving is the "Treat of the Month" gift. Whether you make it a treat he can eat, or things like back rubs, he can look forward to getting a gift each month for a year. This year I'm doing a Treasure Hunt for my husband. On crinkled brown paper (like a paper bag} I wrote out the clues. I burned the edges of the paper to help make them look old. Each clue leads to another clue around the house. I'll bake his favorite dessert & surround it w/ foil-wrapped chocolate coins, & the last clue will lead to it. I think he'll like it. :oD
Have fun!

Wow, some good ideas there. Thanks so much!

Baskin and Robins ice cream shop has an ice cream that is usually only available the month of Feb. So I buy my husband a quart of ice cream. Oh, by the way the ice cream goes by the name, Love Potion #23. how appropriate, and it is YUMMO!

Last year, I used this free resource:

www.discoveryeducation.com/.../

You'll see they have a variety of puzzles you make create. I made my hubby a personalized word search puzzle (with words or phrases related to him and/or us).

If you are pretty comfortable with using something like Word, you can copy and paste it into a document and jazz it up with some nicer fonts and clipart.

I just gave him some of his favourite chocolates along with it...

Answer this Question

You don't have to break the bank to show your Valentine how special they are to you. This is a page about Valentine's day on a shoestring budget.

A heart made out of pennies on a white background.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Valentine's Day AdviceFebruary 16, 2012
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf82475439.tip.html