Tomatoes With Shriveled Skin

What causes the skin on our tomatoes to look shriveled and the stems looks as if it is going to break on each tomato?

KATHEY from USA

Are the tomatoes in full sun? Is it real hot where you live? Sounds like the tomatoes are scalded from the sun.

I'd go to JerryBaker.com, to see if he has any natural solutions for you onLine. If not, I'd be inclined to think nutrient deficiency/wrong soil mixture, and dry air. I have had a lot of luck placing a thin cloth/umbrella over tomatoes when it's hot/dry. Also, plant BASIL around the base. Don't know why it works for me, but it does. Don't allow

too many green stems to be produced, so that the plant can concentrate on making good fruit instead.

Don't overspray with non-tomato plant food. Keep

evenly moist and well drained. Good luck, and God bless you. : )

Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthJuly 2, 2007
Peeling Tomatoes
Peeling Tomatoes
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
🎉
🎄