Removing Carmex Stains from Clothing

By Kim 71 101

My son left his tube of Carmex in his jeans pocket and ruined a load of his clothes. Most hit were the t-shirts, some of which he didn't want to trash yet. Any ideas to get this kind of grease stain out? Already tried good old pre-spot, and they've already been dried. Is it hopeless?

Showing: Answers Sort

By Marnita Arner 14 33 Flag

Kim, if you have already dried these items in the dryer, there's really not much you can do. (Heat will set the stain). If not, put a couple drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid on each spot, scrub a little and then wash as normal. Dawn is excellent in getting out oil/grease stains. Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

This is expensive, but dry cleaning solution might get it out. I've had a nice cotton tee-shirt dry cleaned and the spot was removed. Some dry cleaners have bulk loads for a set price.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By ellen wagner 18 69 Flag

Try using hydrogen peroxide as a prewash. If you have washed and dried already, let the peroxide soak for about 15 minutes. If that fails use a product called Awesome from the 99 cent store.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary Lou 14 765 Flag

If you can find it, Lestoil is THE best grease and ring around the collar remover I have ever found. Granted, as Marnita says you may be out of luck, since you already dried the items. Do the tees have logos etc. If not, have you considered dyeing them grease-colored lol. You might also try a mechanic's hand soap, since that's one of it's functions, to remove grease. Wash thoroughly after though.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

There is a degreaser called Greased Lightning you can use it for cleaning or it can be used on laundry to remove grease stains. You might want to give it a try.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Just removed Carmex from my Cashmere sweater with Dawn and cold water.Thank you!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

This has happened to me a couple of times. The 1st time I finally had to take them to the Dry Cleaner. The second time I found this product called Zout Tripple Enzyme Foam. I worked! Use Zout!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Dee 1 Flag

Okay, I joined this website to thank everyone above for all your help. I went out on a limb and tried something alittle diffrent. I soaked the clothes in Dish Detergent (Not even Dawn it was Joy) and bought Oxi Clean Max Force. I couldn't even see the stains because the shirts were all wet, so I just randomly sprayed. Put the clothes back in the washer and dryer, and no more stains. The clothes had the stains for over a month and I assumed it was just too late. But that Oxi Clean wasn't playing, it was only about 4 bucks but was worth it. Didn't even use half the bottle.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 12, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Woman removing a Grease stain.
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Removing Graphite (or Pencil) Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 7:58:48 AM on 10.0.2.64 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings