Removing Carmex Stains from Clothing

Carmex can leave any oily looking stain if it accidentally gets on your clothing. This is a guide about removing Carmex stains from clothing.

My son left his tube of Carmex in his jeans pocket and ruined a load of his clothes. Most hit were the t-shirts, some of which he didn't want to trash yet. Any ideas to get this kind of grease stain out? Already tried good old pre-spot, and they've already been dried. Is it hopeless?

Best Answer

Kim, if you have already dried these items in the dryer, there's really not much you can do. (Heat will set the stain). If not, put a couple drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid on each spot, scrub a little and then wash as normal. Dawn is excellent in getting out oil/grease stains. Good Luck!

This is expensive, but dry cleaning solution might get it out. I've had a nice cotton tee-shirt dry cleaned and the spot was removed. Some dry cleaners have bulk loads for a set price.

Try using hydrogen peroxide as a prewash. If you have washed and dried already, let the peroxide soak for about 15 minutes. If that fails use a product called Awesome from the 99 cent store.

If you can find it, Lestoil is THE best grease and ring around the collar remover I have ever found. Granted, as Marnita says you may be out of luck, since you already dried the items. Do the tees have logos etc. If not, have you considered dyeing them grease-colored lol. You might also try a mechanic's hand soap, since that's one of it's functions, to remove grease. Wash thoroughly after though.

There is a degreaser called Greased Lightning you can use it for cleaning or it can be used on laundry to remove grease stains. You might want to give it a try.

Just removed Carmex from my Cashmere sweater with Dawn and cold water.Thank you!

This has happened to me a couple of times. The 1st time I finally had to take them to the Dry Cleaner. The second time I found this product called Zout Tripple Enzyme Foam. I worked! Use Zout!

Okay, I joined this website to thank everyone above for all your help. I went out on a limb and tried something alittle diffrent. I soaked the clothes in Dish Detergent (Not even Dawn it was Joy) and bought Oxi Clean Max Force. I couldn't even see the stains because the shirts were all wet, so I just randomly sprayed. Put the clothes back in the washer and dryer, and no more stains. The clothes had the stains for over a month and I assumed it was just too late. But that Oxi Clean wasn't playing, it was only about 4 bucks but was worth it. Didn't even use half the bottle.

I accidentally washed and DRIED my laundry with a tube of carmex inside. Now there are spots all over everything. Any suggestions on how I can get this out?

Desarae,

because Carmex is greasy, what you can try is this

use 2 tablespoons ammonia

3/4 cup of dawn soap

2 cups warm water, let it sit for alittle while

your fighting grease with a grease fighter..dawn!

Robbie

Thanks that sounds like a great idea. If not looks like I'll be shopping this weekend to replace some of my work shirts!

You may want to call the manufacture or check their website to see what they suggest you do.

Ziggee

You can use goo-be-gone. It's in a small bottle with a black label in the cleaning or laundry department at Target or Walmart. Put it liberally on each grease spot and throw in the washer. You could also handwash each spot with Dawn but it takes awhile longer. I've taken out chapstick and crayon in a laundry load with the goo-be-gone.

My 7 year old put her pants int he wash and there were many crayons inside and I without knowing put them in my dryer. Now all the clothes have crayons dried on them, how can I removed dried on crayons from all my clothes! HELP!

facial tissue in the wash..HELP...what a mess ...how di I get this off the drip drys?

Editor's Note: We put this as a new request: http://www.thri  1119162.tip.html

I've used Robbie's "recipe" for removing Carmex. It works, thanks Robbie!

to remove carmex or other greasy items try a good shampoo or a hair stripper

I've had many lip balm in the washer disasters. The thing I've found that works is Goof Off - you can get it at the hardware store. Just make sure the fabric can handle it. Apply to the spots, let it sit for a few minutes, and then wash in hot water.

The same thing happened with the carmex. It is a disaster. Very expensive jeans ruined along with shirts. Please help!