Removing Liquid Fuse from Pants Hem

I used a liquid fuse for a temporary hemming job on a pair of suit pants. I used too much. How can I safely remove it to properly hem the pants? Thanks!

Pattie from Bridgton

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I really don't know anything about liquid fuse, but what if you used a blow dryer on low heat and them tried to separate the fabric? Maybe someone could hold the hair dryer for you and you can try to separate it.

Or, you could try:

1. put dry dish towel on clothing

2. put DAMP dish towel on top of dry dish towel

3. using low heat on an iron, place the iron on top of the dry dish towel to try and steam the fabric apart by pulling it apart.

I think you'd have to trial and error these both. Otherwise, I'd contact the manufacturer, or get on Google and ask them.

Good Luck!

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingMarch 16, 2009
Pants with a permanent crease.
Adding a Permanent Crease to Pants
Pants Zipper
Keeping Your Pants Zipped
Shorts made from blue jeans.
Making Shorts Out of Pants
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:11:42 PM on 10.0.2.32 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.