Repairing Lawn Chairs

My patio chairs are old and the plastic strapping on them has broken. When I look to see if I can replace them it seems to be hopeless. The straps seem embedded into the metal frame with no way of replacing them. Any ideas?

By Gloria Z from Chicago, IL

Best Answer

This may sound real trashy but it turned out well for me. I used duct tape!

I bought some brightly colored purple duct tape at WalMart. I laid out strips of the tape and stuck it to itself so I had a strip with no sticky sides left. I attached another piece of duct tape to the ends and wrapped it around the frame of the chair on one side and stuck it to the double thick pieces that I had prepared in advance.

I then wove it in and out of the remaining plastic straps that were left on my chair. At the other side of the chair, I attached another piece of duct tape, wrapped it around the frame and stuck it to itself on the underneath side.

I ended up with a purple and green chair which looks really neat! It's really durable, too. The duct tape sticks really well so it's not necessary to have any screws or fasteners.

Repairing Lawn Chairs
Repairing Lawn Chairs
Home and Garden Repair Furniture ChairsJuly 16, 2010
Dining Chair
Repairing Dining Chair Seats
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Broken Cane Chair
Repairing Cane Chairs