Link: Online Book Swaps

Do you still read books? I have bookcases full. There are two websites for trading books.

• http://www.paperbackswap.com
  • I like this site best, but can cost more per book)

• http://www.bookmooch.com
  • This site and selection is not as good but average cost is 2.50 per book (2.38 postage and 0.50 for wrapping - two lunch sacks and wax paper in case of spills etc.

I have recycled a good number of books and have a number on my shelf to be read (for a change).

By Bonnie from Tucson, AZ

I'm a great fan of paperbackswap.com. Use it regularly.

Try BookCrossing.com too. It's "the world's library" site. You never know where, when or how you might find a new book to read.

I am a member of paperbackswap. It is really great to get books at only the price for shipping and an extra 50 cents for buying the labels. I love the convenience of not having to wait in line for postage as well.

It is just an all around wonderful place.

Gem

April 8, 2011 Flag

Save money on books. Avid readers can join PaperbackSwap.com. It really is free. Swap your books for books you want to read for only the cost of postage. You can also swap CDs and audio books.

Source: a friend

By Ladybug from Aberdeen, SD

Answers:

Save Money with Online Book Swaps

I totally agree with you Ladybug. I belong, and swap many books for free. It is fun, and just the cost of postage. (10/05/2010)

By Linda :o)

Save Money with Online Book Swaps

I also use paperbackswap and love it! The best part is that you can exchange book credits for CDs and DVDs too since all their sites are linked.

This site has been a great way for me to trade books I don't need for cookbooks - most of the books I received were practically new.

Another great feature is that you can have your requested book mailed anywhere - I have had books sent directly to my friends and family. (10/05/2010)

By DorothyNYC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes